For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’), we as the ‘data controller’, which means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for ensuring that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to data protection. Our Data Protection Officer is:
Name of Data Protection Officer: Matt Lovatt
Address: Trentham Monkey Forest, Stone Road, Trentham, ST4 8AY
Telephone number: 01782 659 845
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, email, payment details and telephone number) whenever you complete an online form by which you consent to us holding that personal data for the purpose specified on that form.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you use our contact form, fill out our recruitment form, sign up to newsletter, sign up for membership or make an online purchase.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
· to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
· research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
· customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
· marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’ below
· fraud prevention and detection
· billing and order fulfilment
· credit scoring and credit checking—see ‘Credit checking’ below
· customising this website and its content to your particular preferences to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services which may affect you
· security vetting
· improving our services
Lawful Basis for the Processing of Your Personal Data
We will use the personal data that we hold or the purposes of:
· performing any contractual or other obligations that we may have to you,
· complying with our legal obligations, and
· protecting our legitimate interests or those of others but only if it is necessary to do so and those interest are not overridden by your own interests or rights. You have the right to challenge those interests and to request that we stop processing your personal data on this basis. For further information see ‘Your rights’
We can process your personal data for those purposes without your knowledge or consent, but we will not use your personal data held on that basis for any other purpose without telling you that we will do so and our legal basis for processing it.
We may also process your personal data for any purpose to which you have expressly consented. You can withdraw that consent at any time. For further information see ‘Your rights’ below.
You should be aware that if you do not provide or withdraw consent to our processing certain personal data it may not be possible for us to continue to contact you regarding applications for vacancies or future newsletters.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Special categories of personal data are types of personal data consisting of information as to:
· your racial or ethnic origin;
· your political opinions;
· your religious or philosophical beliefs;
· your trade union membership;
· your genetic or biometric data;
· your health;
· your sex life and sexual orientation; and
· any criminal convictions and offences.
We will only hold and process special categories of your personal data in certain situations in accordance with the law. For example, we can do so if we have your explicit consent. If we asked for your consent to process a special category of personal data then we would explain the reasons for our request. You do not need to consent and can withdraw consent later if you choose by contacting the Data Protection Officer.
We do not need your consent to process special categories of your personal data when we are processing it for the following purposes, which we may do:
· where it is necessary for carrying out legal rights and obligations;
· where it is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person where you or they are physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
· where you have made the data public;
· where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
· where processing is necessary for the purposes of occupational medicine or for the assessment of your working capacity.
We may process your race, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, medical condition or gender to monitor and to prevent possible discrimination.
Where Your Personal Data Will be Processed
We may send your personal data to France, the location of our company headquarters, but will not otherwise hold or send your personal data outside the European Economic Area. You may rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data
We will contact you by email, phone, SMS about our products, services and promotions only if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time. For further information see ‘Your rights’ below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
· other companies within our group
· our agents and service providers eg providers of web hosting or maintenance services
· credit reference agents—see ‘Credit checking’ below
· law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
· our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing’ section above
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
· access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
· we store your personal data on secure servers
· payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Automated Decision Making
We use automated decision-making processes to manage our newsletter database.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his or her behalf and has agreed that you can:
· give consent on his or her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data;
· receive on his or her behalf any data protection notices;
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained, and unless we have agreed otherwise with you we will at the end of the retention period securely destroy or delete it from our records.
For further information see our Data Retention Policy.
Your Rights in Respect of Personal Data
You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
You have the right to access your own personal data by way of a subject access request. We will respond as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within one month unless the request is complex or numerous in which case the period in which we must respond can be extended by up to a further two months. There is no fee for making a subject access request, but if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable administrative fee or refuse to respond to your request.
You can correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. To do you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
You have the right to request that we erase your personal data if we are not legally entitled to process it without your consent or if it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose for which it was collected. To do so you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
While you are requesting that your personal data is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, you can apply for its use to be restricted while that application is made. To do so you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
You have the right to object to data processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop such data processing.
You have the right to object if we process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
You have the right to transfer your personal data to another data controller. We will not charge for this and will in most cases aim to do this within one month.
With some exceptions, you have the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making.
You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your personal data.
In most situations we will not rely on your consent as a lawful ground to process your data. If we do however request your consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right not to consent or to withdraw your consent later. To withdraw your consent, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. You can do this be contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office directly. Full contact details including a helpline number can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website (www.ico.org.uk). That website has further information on your rights and our obligations.
· to keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
· to recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time)
· to obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet
· to carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor/customer requirements and interests
· to target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
· to make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Adobe Flashplayer which we use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information about these third party cookies please go to the website for the relevant third party.
Description of cookies
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
Name of Cookie Owner
Purpose of the Cookie
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at Trentham Monkey Forest, Stone Road, Trentham, ST4 8AY or call us on 01782 659 845. Our registered office is Trentham Monkey Forest, Stone Road, Trentham, ST4 8AY.
Who we are
Information collected and its use
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
- Information about your device such as your web browser, screen resolution and operating system. This information is used to ensure we continue to support the different devices used by our customers.
We do not store any credit card details.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Some of the information stored is put there by other companies whose software we have added to the site, and this can also impact your experience of other websites you may visit after leaving ours.
If you continue to use this site without taking action to prevent the storage of this information, you are effectively agreeing to this use.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia - all about cookies.
Below is a list of the different types of cookies used on this site, and an explanation of what they are used for. If you would like any more information, please get in touch.
This cookie is used to keep track of what items are in a user's shopping basket.
This cookie is used to monitor the users consent for analytical cookies on our site. No user data is collected without this being enabled.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site and how they interact with the website.
This cookie is used to collect information about visitor's experience of the site in terms of performance. This helps us to monitor that our systems are working quickly and effectively, and to identify any problematic areas.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address to the following address:
TRENTHAM ESTATE,,STONE ROAD,TRENTHAM,STOKE-ON-TRENT